Molson NHL® 2019 Pick ‘Em Pool
Exclusively at Shark Club
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to play and win a weekly prize you must be (i) legal drinking age in the province in which you reside and (ii) be a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba at the time you enter the Contest. In addition to (i) and (ii) above to win the grand prize you must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor”), NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, the National Hockey League (“NHL”), and its member clubs (the foregoing NHL entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”), Shark Club (the “Contest Administrator”), Fantasy Sports Productions Inc., or any of their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone who is involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest for weekly prizes and grand prize begins at 12:00:01 pm (ET) on January 7, 2019 and all entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm (ET) on March 31, 2019 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). For purpose of this Contest a week is defined as a period commencing at 12:00:00 a.m. (in the local time zone of the applicable participating Shark Club) on a Monday and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. (in the local time zone of the applicable participating Shark Club) on the immediately following Sunday. To enter the Contest, enjoy an ice-cold Molson Canadian or Coors Light at a participating Shark Club location and receive a personal identification number (“PIN”) code from your server; log on to the Contest Website through your mobile device www.molsonpickempool.com; and complete all the required information along with an answer to the skill-testing question, without assistance. No purchase necessary entry, ask server for PIN code without purchase. Limit: two (2) PIN codes per person per day.
- HOW TO PLAY THE GAME: Contest entry is based upon participating in an online hockey pool that is designed to test a participant’s ability to predict the winners of various match-ups (the “Game”) and accumulate contest points (“Contest Points”) according to the scoring system described below (the “Scoring System”). Each time you enter a PIN and complete your picks you earn one (1) ballot (limit of two (2) PINs per person per game day). You earn one (1) extra ballot for each twenty-five (25) points you accumulate in the pool. All prizing is determined by random draw.
The Game is played by visiting the Contest Website and following the instructions. You will be asked by the Contest Website to enter: (i) your email address; (ii) a PIN; (iii) the specific participating Shark Club location at which you are playing the Game; and (iv) any other information required by Contest Administrator. After you have entered that information in the Contest Website, you will be asked to select the winners of each of the match-ups to be played on that day.
The Contest Website will display the match-ups indicating which team is the favourite and which is the underdog. The participant should pick the team who they believe will win the game.
- SCORING SYSTEM: If you chose the favourite you will receive two (2) points for a win and one (1) point for an OT loss. If you pick an underdog your points will double, four (4) points for a win and two (2) points for an OT loss.
- LIVE SCORING: The Contest Website may provide live scoring during the course of a Day while hockey games are played and completed. Contest Points earned by entrants will be displayed (“Live Scoring”). Live Scoring is provided for the enjoyment and amusement of entrants and is for informational purposes only. Live Scoring is not official, and Contest Points will only be awarded to entrants in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations. While care is taken to ensure Live Scoring accurately reports Contest Points being accrued by entrants, mistakes may be made and the Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible if Live Scoring results differ from the official Contest Points that are awarded to entrants in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations.
- LEADER BOARDS: The Contest Website or any participating Shark Club location may, from time to time, provide lists of entrants and their respective number of Contest Points for any Day or any other period of time during the Contest Period (“Leaderboards”). Leaderboards are provided for the enjoyment and amusement of entrants and are for informational purposes only. Leaderboards are not official, and Contest Points will only be awarded to entrants in accordance with these Official Contest Rules. While care is taken to ensure that Leaderboards accurately report Contest Points being accrued by entrants, mistakes may be made and the Releasees are not responsible if results displayed on Leaderboards differ from the official Contest Points that are awarded to entrants in accordance with these Official Contest Rules. Note by registering and playing the Contest, you agree to the disclosure of your name on these leaderboards.
- RESTRICTIONS, LIMITATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF THE GAME: The following restrictions, limitations and conditions apply to the Game:
You may play the Game a maximum of two (2) times per Day if you have two PINs. Each PIN may only be used once after which it will be deactivated.
If, at the time you visit the Contest Website and play the Game, any hockey game scheduled on that Day has already begun, then the Technology Platform will not permit you to participate in that game. Accordingly, you will have a wider array of games to earn points from if you play the Game at a time before any games begin. If, at the time you visit the Contest Website and play the Game: (i) every hockey game scheduled to be played on that Day has already begun; or (ii) that calendar day is not a Day (meaning no scheduled hockey games are to be played on that calendar day), then you will be allowed to select winning teams in respect of the next Day.
If any hockey game that is scheduled to be played on a Day is cancelled, pre-empted, or postponed for any reason, then no Contest Points will be awarded in the cancelled, pre-empted or postponed hockey game.
The Technology Platform uses hockey statistics as provided by Sportradar and includes all completed official NHL® hockey games. If the league declares any game “suspended”, then the statistics that are generated on the Day the game is originally scheduled will be used for the purposes of the Contest. Any statistics generated on a later date when the game is completed will not be used for the purpose of the Contest.
Contest Points will only be awarded after all of the final scores for hockey games on a Day have been reported to ensure that the final results are accurate. Fantasy Sports Productions Inc.’s statistics provider, Sportradar, is responsible for providing all final results and may need up to twenty-four (24) hours (or longer) after all applicable hockey games conclude.
If you are using a mobile device to access the Contest Website and play the Game, then standard data rates may apply, and the Releasees are not responsible for any costs you incur as a result of accessing the Contest Website or playing the Game.
The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) email address to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Your entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won. The Prize consists of an invitation for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2019 NHL® Awards Banquet (“the “Event”) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Specifically, the Prize includes: (i) two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets departing from the closest major airport to winner’s residence and onward to Las Vegas, Nevada (the “Trip”). The Trip must be taken in June – specific dates still to be determined; (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy) (or three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations depending on distance of winner’s home to the Event, defined below), as determined by Sponsor; iii) two (2) tickets to attend the 2019 NHL®Awards Banquet (the “Event”); (iv) round trip ground transportation for two (2) between the airport and hotel and hotel to the Event.
Winner and his/her respective guest shall be responsible for any costs or expenses associated with the Prize not outlined as included above, including but not limited to transportation to and from winner’s home residence and the designated airport, any additional transportation, taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement and security fees, drinks, meals, gratuities and all incidental and personal expenses. Winner will be required to use a credit card at hotel check-in to cover any and all incidentals not specified as included in the Prize. Winner and his/her respective guest must travel together on the same itinerary departing from the same departure point on the dates and times required or the Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and accommodations must be booked through Sponsor or its agent. Winner and his/her guest are required to follow all directions of Sponsor and/or the Event organizers; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Prize and/or Event. Once itinerary has been finalized between winner and Sponsor, no changes can be made unless approved by Sponsor. The approximate value of the Grand Prize is $7,000.00 CAD (based on sample Toronto departure). Actual value of Prize will depend on location of winner’s residence. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her respective guest to obtain all required travel documents including age identification, a valid passport (or visa, if applicable). Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and both winner and his/her guest must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling to the United States or otherwise participate in the Event. Sponsor will not be held responsible in the event that the winner and/or his/her guest are denied entry into the United States or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner and/or his/her guest will be solely responsible for any and all costs incurred, and the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest will not be permitted into any licensed area unless they can show valid identification to verify proof of legal drinking age in the State of California. Sponsor does not condone and will not be held responsible for any illegal purchase or consumption of alcohol.
Prizes are not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if the Prize or any part cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, Event(s) cancellations, labour disputes, any national emergency, war (declared or undeclared), civil commotion, acts of terrorism, acts of government or any agency thereof or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, a winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. If any activity relating to any part is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of the Prize may be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize award. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Limit one prize per person/household.
Resale of NHL® Event tickets are prohibited. Winner and winner’s travel companion must abide by all venue policies and Event ticket terms and conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Prize from any winner or winner’s travel companion who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Sponsor or NHL Entities into disrepute.
- DRAWING: Weekly Prizes: A random draw will be held on Monday after the week has been completed through the Contest Website to determine five (5) regional winners. On or around April 2nd, 2019 at 11 am PST in Vancouver a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries earned for the Grand Prize. Sponsor or its designated agent will attempt to notify the selected entrants by email using the information provided at the time of entry. To be declared a winner of the Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and his/her guest within the time period indicated on such forms (if applicable); (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; and/or (v) is found to be ineligible for any reason, then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, the NHL Entities, Shark Club, Fantasy Sports Productions Inc. and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding, use and/or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof or the Prize; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or the NHL Entities in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name of Grand Prize winner’s guest cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsor or its agent.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email to be received by or from Sponsor and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of his/her name, address (city, province/territory), voice, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of his/her personal information.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest.
- NHL ENTITIES PRIZE SUPPLIER: Entrants in this Contest acknowledge that NHL Entities’ only involvement with this Contest is as a Prize supplier, and by entering, release the NHL Entities from any and all liability with respect to the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prize or parts of any Prize. The information you provide will only be used by Sponsor and for the purposes of the administration and fulfilment of this Contest.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL Awards name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2019. All Rights Reserved.