Everyone has their tried-and-true ‘I’d tell you but I’d have to kill you’ secret stuffing recipes but Shark Club Executive Chef, Brandon Thordarson prefers a traditional and classic take on this holiday favourite.
When he’s not busy coming up with new menu items and managing the kitchen from behind the scenes, he’ll likely be cooking with his family with his favourite band blasting in the background.
He’s kindly shared this stuffing recipe that is tasty and easy to make for your holiday feast.
1 lb stale bread, all types cut into 1” cubes
2 oz onions diced
2 oz celery diced
1 Tbsp butter
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dry sage (use fresh if you have)
500ml chicken stock
1. Sauté onions, celery and butter on medium high heat until vegetables begin to sweat and cook 3-5 minutes.
2. Add sage, salt, pepper and chicken stock, bring to simmer.
3. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Place bread in large bowl, pour hot liquid over bread, add egg into bowl and mix thoroughly together.
5. Once mixed and all bread is soaked, transfer to 5” x 9” buttered baking dish.
6. Level out the bread mix in dish – bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until brown and cooked.